Welcome to the "A Thyme for Peace" website.
We hope that you enjoy your stay!
A Thyme for Peace is a captivating hideaway, in harmony with its environment – a mountain hollow of Northern Washington's frontier with abundant wildlife. Time slows down as you roam acres of flower gardens, organic herb and vegetable gardens, multi-fruit orchard, young pine forest, mountain meadow, and aspen springs. Our public spaces and private guest suites are decorated with timeless rustic elegance and natural forest tones. We are open year round – every season is beautiful with its own unique gifts.
- Enjoy some of life's simple pleasures on the deck: sharing experiences with new friends, playing fetch with our friendly dogs, reading a book, bird watching, gazing at the stars, listening to the serene forest sounds, watching our sky art – northern lights, cloud formations, sunsets and sunrises.
- Try out our little part of the forest hiking, backpacking, and mountain biking in the nearby hills.
- Surrender to the inspiration surrounding you: writing, painting, or photography await.
- Bring your sleds and innertubes – we'll supply the hills; winter also provides cross country skiing, snowshoeing, and good natured snowball fights.
- Observe abundant wildlife: Cougar, Coyotes, Bobcat, Bald Eagles, Bighorn Sheep, Occasional Wolf or Moose, White Tailed & Mule Deer, Rabbit, Black Bear, Grouse, Rainbow & River Trout, Big-Mouthed Bass, Wild Turkeys.
- Enjoy any special occasion in our private, well appointed guest suites. Also available are 2 RV sites nestled in the trees with 30a 120 and H20 hookups, and tent camping.
- Our flavorful cuisine is prepared with as much organic, and as many whole and garden fresh ingredients as possible. Juice fasts, vegan or vegetarian diets and raw food can be arranged ahead of time; most dietary needs can be accommodated.
All within easy driving distance:
- Kettle Crest Trail and Colville National Forest –
hiking, backpacking, mountain biking & horseback riding
- Ski Resorts and Winter Sports Areas –
Nordic and alpine skiing/boarding, snow shoeing & snowmobiling
- Golf Clubs –
Nine, eighteen and thirty-six hole resorts
- Curlew Lake, Kettle River, Lake Roosevelt and many small lakes –
Swimming, kayaking, motor boating, canoeing, fishing & rafting
- Grand Forks and District Aquatic Centre –
Accessible indoor swimming pool, water features, sauna, hot tub and exercise equipment
- Fossil digging & prospecting